An NFL Draft Blog

An NFL Draft Blog
Formerly known as the player rater.

Monday, June 21, 2010

My Grading System

Starting today, my readers should start to see me post scouting reports. When I made I list of top prospects last year, I invented what I call a "grade-projection" system. The way this system works is I would give a player a "grade" based on where I think he deserves to be drafted. I would give that same player a "projection" based on where I expect him to be drafted. Here's my grading scale
90-100: First Round
80-89: Second Round
70-79: Third Round
60-69: Fourth Round
50-59: Fifth Round
40-49: Sixth Round
30-39: Seventh Round
20: Draftable, but undrafted
10: Not considered a legitimate prospect
For example, I though Jimmy Graham was an extremely underrated prospect last year. I thought he deserved to be an a mid second round pick in this year's draft due to his physical upside. I gave him a "grade" of an 85. But, I figured since he was such a raw prospect, and he didn't show amazing toughness on the field, that he'd be a mid third round pick in the draft. So I gave him a "projection" of a 74. Please comment if you have any questions or you don't understand the system.

No comments:

Post a Comment